Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ever Shop for Quilting Supplies in the Hardware Store?

I admit it.  I enjoy American Idol. I like Iron Chef, Top Model, and Project Runway too. 

It's fun to watch creative people doing what they love to do...That's why I was similarly interested to hear my own Guild, Marathon Quilters, is holding its own America's Next Top Quilter!

It's a year-long program. (Unfortunately my schedule precludes me from particpating.)

The first challenge was to incorporate something from the hardware store.

Seven people showed their creations to the Judges Tuesday night (1/14/14).  I understand points are earned throughout the year, over several challenges with a winner named in June.  Stay tuned.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Check out the unconventional materials. (nails, springs, bolts, keys, screen, sandpaper, paint chips)

 






All 7 "quilts" are on display at the Franklin Mill Store.  They're all smaller than I'd imagined.  All fit on a 4' x 8' board! 

Fiber Cast tomorrow night at 8PM EST. I'll post the URL on www.facebook.com/simplycolorful right before we go live! 

Sew on,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment