Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Time to Jump In

It's been 14 days since I hosted my first Simply Colorful Fiber CAST.

Today I write my first Simply Colorful Fiber BLOG!

I've started this venture because I believe we can all make better and more fiber art by doing it together.

Shall I start at the beginning?

I was born and wrapped in a fiber blanket....

That was 50 years ago!  Who, besides me and possibly Mother, is interested in that?  

Let's jump ahead to my first quilt.  I was 13. I gave it to my grandmother.  Her decedents gave it back to me a few years ago.  Here's a picture.

Oh how proud I was of this "masterpiece."  Can you see the appliqued squares with "trapunto'd" treatment?  Isn't it colorful?

Speaking of colorful, look at the patch I just found in my new Celtic Solstice quilt. Prophetic or what?


Quickly moving on ...

Like many of us, I made Barbie doll clothes and home-ec skirts.  I knitted and crocheted with Grammy.  I made quilts for summer bunk beds, college, first homes, and for friends, family, and raffles.  I dabbled in other hobbies and crafts along the way.  (I still do.)

I never outgrew my love of quilting.

So let's skip ahead and jump right into modern day.

Here's what I'm working on this week.  Another fantasy house quilt.


It's spread out in my studio/office, so whenever I walk by it I can look and think about how to adorn it.

I want to make it bigger using the blue strip pieces we made together last Friday.

Stay tuned.  Hope I have a bit more done for this Friday's Fiber Cast.  We'll start at 8PM EST.  I'll send out the link on Friday.  Go to www.facebook.com/simplycolorful and "Like" or follow @SimplyColorful on Twitter so you'll be sure to receive the URL just before we go live.

Til then, happy sewing,

Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment