Thursday, January 30, 2014

Nancy's Quilt Shop and Ginny King

I made a fun trip to Winter Garden, Florida earlier this week (on a break from my www.fetc.org tradeshow work).  I found Nancy's Quilt Shop.  It's chock full of fabric, samples, jelly rolls, a classroom, and helpful staff.

I splurged on a Robert Kaufman bundle of greys, browns, and whites.  Not my usual palette!  Let's just say the Modern Quilting bug may have bit me.  (What fiber bug DOESN'T bite me? LOL)

Here I am with Ginny King.  She used to operate a quilt store in Kissimmee, Florida.  Now she enjoys working at Nancy's and making purple quilts for her grandchildren!  She helped me pick out fabrics for my next "Modern" House quilt. (More about that project and up-close pictures of the fabric in a future BLOG.)


Nancy's Quilt Store is on a quaint brick-lined street in Winter Garden, Florida.  Bicycles, outdoor cafes, and water fountains adorn the street.


One water fountain had mosaic tiles.  


Very quilt-like, don't you think?

What're you working on this week? 

Are you ready for tomorrow's Simply Colorful Fiber Cast?  I'll post the URL tomorrow ... and look forward to visiting with you LIVE from somewhere in Central Florida, starting at 8PM EST. 

Sew on,
Lynn

Google Page: Simply Colorful
YouTube Channel: Simply Colorful



1 comment:

  1. every quilt design is awesome and more useful.to get more fabric design in weaveron textile.click on this http://www.weaveron.com/.

    ReplyDelete