Saturday, February 1, 2014

Making New Quilting Friends in Florida

   
Happy first day of February!  What a night we had last night at the   Cornerstone Quilt Shoppe in Orlando Florida.

If you were on Fiber Cast, I apologize for the spotty video and audio.  We were streaming through a local internet service provider, it was raining outside, and I only had my laptop PC camera and microphone.  Add to that, I jostled the PC as I moved it around the store ... and it made for a not-so-interesting-or-pleasurable experience for you - our viewers.  

I'm so sorry about it because the stories were priceless, including Fiona's.  As a member of the Royal School of Needlework, she worked on Kate Middleton's wedding dress.  (Did I mention she's also an aeronautical engineer?)  Cindy III is a nurse and a natural-born story-teller and producer (tiaras came from her!) She wants to say hi to her family in Austin. "Original Cindy" grew up in Berwick Maine and knows Keepsake Quilting, so we bonded over that.  Mary's grandchildren are named after presidents (Reagan and Lincoln - so far), and Patty started her needlework sampler in 1990!

Anyway, thanks everyone for sticking with me.  Next one will be better....

Nothing ventured, nothing gained ...
You don't know until you try ...
Yadda, yadda, yadda!

All technical difficulties aside, I consider myself so fortunate to have met new quilting friends.  Each one shared their story and passion for quilting with me.  They were open to trying a LIVE broadcast, and they clearly enjoy each other's company.  

A big thank you to Original Cindy, Cindy III, Mary, Patty, and Fiona!

Here are some (rather grainy) photos from last night. 

Here's the red FIAT I rented all week, in front of the store.
Here's "Arthur" the long arm quilting machine working on a snowflake design.  

Here's just one corner of the store.  Isn't the pineapple scrap quilt punchy and bright?

Here's just one of the quilts that "Original Cindy" machine quilted.  They do 100's of quilts a year, and people send their quilt tops to be done from as far away as Denmark.  If you have a quilt top in need of machine quilting, I highly recommend Judy Dickerson (Shoppe owner), Cindy, and the team at Cornerstone Quilt Shoppe.  Their machine quilting work is top-notch.  
Phone: 407-207-6500, email cornerstonequilt@cfl.rr.com 






I'm about to board my plane back to Boston.  Have a great Saturday everyone!

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment