Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pink Quilt for Valentine's Day

Remember my leader/ender pink half-square triangles?  


I'm using them in a Valentine's Day lap quilt!  
10 days and counting.  

People have asked about my quilt making process.

I'm a "loose" quilter.  I don't follow formal directions anymore.  Instead I draw inspiration from the fabrics, colors, and pictures of other quilts.  Then I just start cutting, sewing, and laying out.

Don't get me wrong.  I do think about lights and darks.  I think about design repetition.  I think about balance.  So I plan in that way, but I just don't seem to have patience for reading every line of complex patterns.

Here's where I'm at with my pink quilt so far:

The Chateau pattern from Timeless Treasures is my inspiration. 
Free on www.fatquartershop.com.

I have plenty of extra pink fabrics - both lights and darks.

Isn't it interesting to see how by changing just 1 fabric in the above 2 photos it looks so different?  (lower left flower fabric in top photo is replaced with a pale pink batik in the lower photo)

Which one do you like better?

We'll have to play with different combinations this Friday on Simply Colorful Fiber Cast!

8PM EST, 2/7/14

Until then, stay warm, and sew on!

Lynn

P.S. I'll post the Fiber Cast URL link on Friday morning to both www.facebook.com/SimplyColorful and on the Simply Colorful Google+ Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment